Backup Lights Not Working Tips Plz TIA

Backup lights not working. Bulbs OK. Possible problem/tip please TIA.

Frank

2001 Maxima 20th Aniv Ed
Reply to
papaya47

I believe there is a 10A fuse for the backup lights, try the fuse blocks.

Should also be a switch in the gear shifter area, which should be short when shifter is in reverse.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks! Fuse was ok. I'll try to get a voltmeter and check for 12v dc when I shift to reverse. Is this right?

frank

Reply to
papaya47

Yes it should be 12V DC or thereabouts.