code "1145"

My 2002 Pathfinder has "check engine soon". The scan shows "1145" code id- variable valve timing position sensor or circuit fault[left bank]. I check the voltage to intake valve timing control solenoid and it is present. I check the resistance and also directly connect to 12 volts and everything are normal. I also check the valve timing control position sensor resistance and voltage supply and all are on specs. These are in the left bank of the engine[looking from the front of the engine].If everything are normal could it be my PCM. Please, if anybody has the same problem I appreciate the input. My engine size is 3.5L V6. Thank you ............ Ernest

Reply to
EGO

My '02 Pathfinder just popped up with that same code while on a long highway trip. It lit light the SES light while cruising at 80 MPH as the gas was getting low (but not low enough to light the low fuel light). There is a little blurb in the owner's manual that warns the SES light might come on if the fuel level drops below 3 gallons.

The code didn't make any sense for it to be a low fuel issue, but we had to keep going anyway since we were 1,000 miles from home. After about a dozen restarts (several tanks of gas and another 1,000 miles), the light went out.

1145 was still stored in the computer. I reset it and it has not returned.

I have had several instances where the light has come on with odd codes, usually 1130 (swirl control valve related), and this time 1145. The first time we got the 1130, the dealer replaced the part, but it appears that this thing just scares itself every once in a while, usually while cruising at relatively high speeds (~80 mph). I recommend you just reset it and don't worry about it unless it comes back.

Reply to
E Meyer