1992 Maxima GXE rear brake drum

okay.....1992 Max GXE ....trying to replace my rear brake shoes, but I can't get the drum off of the wheel. I have the chilton's manual, but it only
says to "remove wheel drum" where it explains the brake shoe replacement. My back brakes are getting pretty bad, so if any one knows how to get these things off, I'd really appreciate the assistance!!

Do you have the parking brake on?