Cold start/fast-idle trouble, P0443, TSB95063

The other day my '95 Max (AT, 151k miles) had trouble starting when cold in the morning. It was about 30 degrees F outside. It didn't catch easily, and once running wouldn't idle for the first few seconds. After giving it gas for a few seconds, it ran flawlessly.

Today (slightly warmer), it caught instantly, but needed gas for a few seconds to keep running. Ran great after that.

Later in the day it triggered a P0443 (Evap emissions cannister purge valve C fault, or something like that). Not sure it's related. A web search indicated that the problem that caused that code shouldn't cause a problem with how the car runs. The search also reveales a TSB for that trouble code (#95063), but didn't give the details.

So here are my questions: Where do I look for the cold start/fast-idle problem on this car the otherwise runs great? If I leave the key in the "on" position for a few seconds, will that build up fuel pressure? I plan to see it if it helps *tomorrow* morning.

Any chance the cold-start problem is related to the P0443?

Know anything about the TSB for that trouble code (95063)? Anything I should check for first (instead of following the procedure in the FSM, or just having the dealer use their diagnostic tool)? TSB or no, I'm sure it's far too late to get it fixed free...

Thanks in advance, David

Reply to
David