Dashboard Warning

I own a 2001 Maxima with very low mileage (short city trips). This afternoon a dashboard warning light came on indicating, "Engine requires Service - Soon". I take very good care of my vehicle with all regular servicing according to the vehicle maintenance schedule. The engine oil and filter were changed only last week. What would cause this dashboard warning light to come on? willie

Reply to
willie

It means the computer has detected a fault. COuld be as simple as a loose gas cap or failure of a number of sensors and systems. Only way to know for sure is to have the error code read. It was nothing to do with routine maintenance.

-jim

Reply to
JimV

You can take it to a local AutoZone center and they will be able to tell you the error code. You can then use the error code to find out (on maxima.org) what exactly is wrong before taking it to a Nissan dealership.

-BI

Reply to
BI