Dirty Headlamps

The inside surface of my 2K Max headlight units are gradually being covered with a dirty film...is there any solution to this other than replacing the entire headlamp unit?

Reply to
niven

If it's like the 97 to 99 Maximas, then the lens is glued to the headlight housing. You can remove the entire headlight assembly and put it in an oven, heat to a certain tempurature, I forget, it's on maxima.org somewhere, then you can peel the lense off and clean it. To put it back together, you heat up the gluey part again and hold the 2 pieces together to let things set.

CD

Reply to
codifus

OK, found the post, it says to heat the lights in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes MAXIMUM at 250 degrees.

There's even one guy suggesting that you simply wash them in the dishwasher

CD

Reply to
codifus