Euro-Maxima power

Hi, does anyone know the differences between 5th gen 3-liter Maxima engines sold in Europe and the US? The power rating in Europe is 200 hp whereas Nissan claims 222 hp in the US for the same engine. The difference is too big to be just sae/din hp difference. We use 95 octane fuel here, so you'd think the difference was other way around.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Pekka Kolehmainen

I don't know what the difference is, but we do measure octane differently (RON vs AKI). Your 95 is our 90. The 3.0 here recommends 91.

Reply to
JimV

Thanks for your reply Jim. I didn't know that, and that could be part of it, but since we have 98 or even 99 octane (RON) available everywhere, I can't imagine why Nissan would have chosen tho bring less powerful engines to Europe.

"JimV" kirjoitti viestissä:v9WdnQDVOOLQvDnYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
PK

There were several Nissan V6s with 3 liters in displacement out there, all with the codename beginnning with VQ30. The VQ30DE was in the

1995-99 (4th gen)USA Maxima, the VQ30DE-K in the 2000-2001 (5th gen) USA Maxima. There is also the VQ30DE in Maximas in the rest of the world that are different from the USA version. Those non USA VQ30DEs have a pseudo variable intake manifold.

The USA VQ30DE was rated at 190 HP The VQ30DE-K rated at 227 hp

And I think the Europe/Japan VQ30DE was rated at 200 HP.

The reason I mention all this is because I wonder which VQ you have. Do you have a picure of your engine bay? The shape of the intake manifold will be a tell tale sign of exactly which one you have.

CD

Reply to
codifus