Heater blower not working in 92 max GXE

Hi to the group

My heater/AC blower fan quit working a week or so back in our heat wave 35deg C for the Wet Coast of BC is a Heat wave. The digital fan display notches up (manually and automatically) from 1 fan to 4 fan speeds with no corresponding activity from the blower fan. I checked out the fuses (OK). Are there sensors or switches that may need adjusting/cleaning ? Or is there something I am overlooking?

Thanks

Michael Foster Vancouver, B.C.

Reply to
Deanesfield

A dead blower amplifier is probably the culprit, a blower that is drawing too many amps could have killed it. If you're seeing those fans in the display, it isn't something -free- that is the problem.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanx Steve

I have found my problem which was not the fan amplifier but the fan blower motor. The armature was very worn and had several dead spots.

That was no free fix and I got the blower fan and fan amplifier at a wreckers yard (and working well). The new cost for those parts are C$370 and C$160. I got the fan amplifier too as I figured the faulty armature probably abused the old one and it was the right price.

Thanks again

Michael

Reply to
Deanesfield