Heater on 2k Max

Its just started getting cooler here in the DC area and I've wanted to use the heater in the mornings. However it doesn't seem to heat until I set it well over 10-15 degrees above the ambient temp reading. Lower than that the A/C kicks in and I have to set it to Econ to avoid getting colder. I'm going to check coolant levels and maybe flush the system today, but has anyone had a problem like this that is more than just coolant levels?

Thanks

Reply to
G&B Bonnin

That sounds pretty normal. The A/C will stay on and provide dehumidified air unless you set it to Economy (i.e., no A/C). So unless there is a major difference between the outside and inside temp which causes the system to start cranking out some serious heat, the cold A/C air will counteract the warm heated air and the temperature coming from the vent will only seem luke warm. Unless you need the dehumidified air to keep the windows clear, set it to Economy.

Reply to
Dan