How to get my code...

I am probably the slowest girl when it comes to the car computer situiation... BUT I have a Pontiac Grand-Am 2002 I think.. anywho.. I need the code for it and everyone says I have to like take my car to dealerships and stuff.. Can I FIND it for free or call and get it.. PLEASE let me know.. I need some help here guys and gals..

Reply to
mandie_georgia

I do of course mean my radio code.. it is locked because I took out my battery... SO PLEASE HELP ME.

Reply to
mandie_georgia

Turn on your ignition, press #2 and #3 buttons on the radio, record the number on the display.

Then press the AM/FM buttons, record those numbers that are now on the display.

Post back with the numbers.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian,

I was just about to post this question because the exact same thing happened to me when getting my 99 Grand Prix repaired. I followed the instructions and the numbers I got were 232 and 237. But neither worked when I tried to enter the them as a code. Is there a next step?

Karyn

Reply to
DivaSoulSista

Ian,

I was just about to post this question because the exact same thing happened to me when getting my 99 Grand Prix repaired. I followed the instructions and the numbers I got were 232 and 237. But neither worked when I tried to enter the them as a code. Is there a next step?

Karyn

Reply to
DivaSoulSista

Yes...your unlock code is 1210. You need to press the hour button and enter the first two numbers. Then press the minute button and enter the last two numbers, then press the am/fm button and radio should display "SEC"....should then be unlocked. Hope this works for you.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

How did you figure out the code, 1210, from the 3 digit numbers you were given? If I were to post the two 3-digit codes could you figure mine out also?

Reply to
akaferrari23x

I work at a GM dealership. We are given a toll free number that we can call and enter the 3 digit codes in. Then they simply give us the unlock code. It's all automated, so you aren't dealing with any humans (often a blessing).

Post your codes.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai