Injector Cleaner

What is a good injector cleaner to use?

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

Techron is the only one with using.

Reply to
Jim

BG's 44K isn't bad either. IMHO, nothing short of -direct cleaning- does a whole lot.

Reply to
Steve T

I've had very good, very noticeable results with synthetic Valvoline cleaner. $9 from Wal-Mart. Techron's probably great too, but I have not used it in a Nissan. When the deposits build up, after say

30-40,000 miles, there can be a big hit on low-end acceleration. On my '96 I30t at least. I didn't even realize it until I rented a 4 cyl. Altima, and knew immediately it was outgunning my V6 up to 20 mph.

Nissan's official position is that fuel system cleaners should not be used and can damage injectors. Don't do it more often than you really have to.

JM

Reply to
JM