They are pretty much bulletproof. At 75K you might want to change the trans fluid.

Reply to
JimV

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:50:59 GMT, "Edge" graced us with:

speeding tickets Kai

- Project Management Central k2004 at g3prod.cotse.net

Reply to
filesiteguy

I have a 97 with the auto trans, owned it for about a year. On mine there's sometimes a small kick when shifting gears 1-2, I think there's a tsb out there for the 95-99 Maxima. It also developed a rough idle right before winter, kind of disappointing for a car with only 36,000 miles on it (now with 45,000). Regardless, I almost have it paid off and plan to keep it for a while longer.

Other than that the car has been reliable. On the interstate I get 25mpg+ consistently @80mph. If I had to buy another Maxima I probably would, but not that one.

Reply to
Dave Stone