Oil pressure sender for warning light and change front brakes

Hi Guys/Gals

Any help on changing Oil pressure send for warning light on 1996 Nissan Maxima GXE, will be helpful.

Also steps to change front brakes.

Any help on getting the service mannual will be helpful. I worked in the capacity networks and servers should you need any help.

thanks Hatim

Reply to
hatim007

Oil pressure sending unit is located near the oil filter - it has a single wire going into it. Unless you drain the oil first, be prepared for some oil to come out when you remove the unit. Remove the harness and unscrew the old sender. You will need to use a deep socket, but I could not find a good fit with either a metric or a standard one. I ended up using a plumber's socket (I think it was 1 and 1/32 of an inch, and it was still kinda lose). I wraped the thread of the new unit in teflon tape, the kind you use for plumbing, but I think it's better to use Permatex teflon sealer, or similar. Make sure you put the tape on in the proper direction, so that it does not bunch up when you screw it in. DO NOT screw it by the plastic part, or you will break it. The specified torque is 9-12 ft. lbs., but if you don't have a torque wrench, just hand tighten it as hard as you can.

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov

????

9-12 ft pounds isn't anywhere close to "as hard as you can", it's more like =not nearly as tight as you expect it should have to be=.
Reply to
Steve T

It will leak, but only a very small amount, maybe a few tablespoons, tops.

Reply to
Bill G