New 2005 Maxima Owner

I just bought the new 2005 Maxima SE. I'm still getting used to front wheel drive after rear wheel drive the past 10 years. Since it's pretty much the same as the 2004 does anyone have any words of wisdom? Maybe some do's and don't's.................. Also does anyone have some good accessories websites? I'm in the middle of a search to find Ventishades for the Maxima. Thanks

Reply to
LenBum

Change oil to Mobil 1 5/30 use only Nissan filters.

Reply to
View from Space

I have also just bought a 2005 SL and have the same kind of questions.

Is there a break-in period?

Why Mobil I 5/30

Are the factory installed tires okay or are there any better ones? I live in NW PA and it can really cold and icy as from November.

Please any words of wisdom , Nisstech?

Thanks...

'BioDun

Reply to
Dr BioDun J Ogundayo

Why Mobil 1? I know it's a synthetic but oil these days have an additive package that makes them "almost" as good. Synthetics do have the advantage of superior high temperature oxidation resistance, high film strength, very low tendency to form deposits, stable viscosity base, and low temperature flow characteristics. But is it worth the extra $5+ a quart? How often is oil changing recommended with Mobil 1?

Reply to
LenBum

Dr. I can't answer the tire question. Mine came with Goodyear Eagles. Being front wheel drive I'll assume any all weather tire would be decent in snow. So far some research has me leaning toward Amsoil if I go synthetic. The

10,000 mile interval between changes kind of justifies the cost..........maybe:)

Reply to
LenBum

And probably voids your warantee. Don't you have to change every 7500 (or whatever Nissan requires for your model)? No warantee worries for my Max with 150k miles though...

Reply to
David

Interesting question about the warranty. I'll have to check that out.

Reply to
LenBum