Painting cars

A local TV station has been airing a very interesting commercial for car repaint jobs. We see a technician decked out in a pristine white jumpsuit, complete with hood and full facemask and gloves spraying the hood and door of a car.

Amazingly, there is no overspray on the masked windows or trim, even as (s)he sprays right over the (masked) door handle.

I guess they have really perfected electrostatic spraypainting.

I wouldn't do THAT to my Max!

Reply to
Roby

most full time painters use suits like that, mordern paint is some DEADLY stuff.

He's spraying the clearcoat?

Reply to
Steve T

That was my guess ... but the masking is clean, so they didn't do any painting before clearcoat. Actually, I think they're spraying water just for the commercial. I was paying too much attention.

Reply to
Roby

So what..." old" paint was safe as cotton candy and coca cola?

It's always been DEADLY... we've just gotten smarter about use of PPE (personal protective equipment)... and firmer. Unfortunately, too late for some old-timers who've burned a brain cell to many from huffing the stuff.

Reply to
BuddyWh