Power seat not working.

Hi, My son's 2002 Maxima seat will not go forward or back. The other directions work He tested the wires to the seat motors. Only getting a little over 2 volts to the motors that work. The one that doesn't work is getting .8 volts. I wonder if his meter is off. Don't these seats work on 12 volts? Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

The same circuit feeds both the up/down and forward/back motors. So it's probably the motor or switch.

Reply to
JimV

... or wiring inside the seat.

robert

Reply to
Robert Klemme

There's a TSB on this, maybe it will help.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks to all for your help. It seems be the motor, since he got it too work by tapping on the motor, per instructions sent here. Of course, he will replace the motor, or maybe all of them if they come that way.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

My '96 I30t had a motor quit, the dealer had to replace the entire track assembly as a unit. Was barely in warranty, or it would have been a very pretty penny. Good luck!

Reply to
jmattis

The motor comes with the track assembly. The dealer he bought the car from gave him the dealers cost on the part. I took the motor apart. Looks like it was put together poorly. The brush on one side was cocked and only part of it was riding on the commutator. They probably bent it when they put it together. Once the edge wore off the brush, the slight spring pressure was not enough to hold the brush in contact with the commutator.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno