87 MAX-A/C Blower Motor and debris

My 87 MAXIMA is making strange noises which come from the A/C vents on the dashboard. Noise occurs only when I drive the car faster than 20
mph. Noise occurs when A/C and heater are all off. Sounds like a blower is running and twigs are rubbing again the rotor of a blower making a whining sound and a loud rustling sound of leafs blowing. Slower than 20 mph, there is no sound. Very strange. Hard to describe sounds.
My 1.5 inch MAX Owners manual does not illustrate how to get the glove box out so I can remove the blower motor behind the glove box. Is there a catch or lever to release the glove box?
Is there a CHILTON or other publication/book which explains how to remove the glove box and blower motor? Thanks, Dave_s
Dave_s wrote:

    The glove box is now very loose since all screws have been removed. But, cannot remove the box since it is still attached to something. What is holding the box and resisting removal? Dave_s