Prestone 5/150 coolant any good ? Says Dex-Cool certified but silicate free

OK, what do we do with the old coolant? Do you catch all the 'plain water' running through the system too and take it somewhere or let it run down the storm drain?

Reply to
Marty

I catch it in a pan - one of the big ones used for oil changes, etc. - and let it evaporate. It is sweet tasting and poisonous so keep it away from kids and pets. Some communities have recycling centers you can take it to.

I suppose you could let it run onto the ground as it will evaporate from there too... but somehow I think that's anti-green. You'll still be responsible to keep pets away from puddles.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh