98 Kia Sportage Rattling sound

When I am sitting still in drive with my foot on the brakes there is a loud rattling sound coming from the engine. When I put it in park the sound isn't as loud. Does anyone know what might be causing this sound?

Also, Does anyone have a owners manual for a 98 Sportage they can sell me?

Reply to
CSChicago

Does it also go away if you select 'N'? If so, probably periodic resonance. Check that your idle speed is correct. If no, adjust it to spec. If yes, try raising or lowering it say 50rpm and evaluate. You could also try using neutral and the handbrake whenever you stop. That could have the same effect. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Reply to
Frank (aka) "stew"