Re: Ceramic vs semi-metalic vs "organic" brake pads on Max

Thanks. Sorry to hear that Brembos may be Bimbos too. Did you ever notice that the brake rotors on the Max look terribly small compared to any European car! I think Nissan just designed braked with too small of a braking surface, requiring severe use to do a normal job of braking. Just a thought. Many disc brakes have warpage problems, but this car model is terrible. Bob

Ceramic pads may be better in the squeel department as are carbon > kevlar pads. However, Nissan OEM pads work decently and excel when it > comes to lack of noise and brake dust. Just something to consider. > > CW > > PS. my brembo rotors warped with under 8k miles! > > > > >I drive an '01 SE. > >I finally threw out those terrible Nissan front rotors and but in Brembo > >smooth surface > >rotors. My mistake, however, was having semi-metallic pads installed. The > >low speed squealing is driving me nuts. > >After 6000 miles I want to replace the pads. Semi-metallic pads are great, > >but the squeal is unbearable. I'm thinking about ceramic pads. > >Any experienced opinions to offer? Any favored brands? I don't want a > >bargain. > > > >Bob > > >
Reply to
Bob G.

I drive an 00 GLE.

I too tossed the Nissan front rotors in favor of Brembo disks, but I stuck with the Nissan pads. No noise, no warpage, no problems. . .

BTW: the reason that I chose the Nissan pads is because I didn't do so when I replaced the rear pads and have noticed that the wheels become covered with dust very quickly.

Reply to
Feynmanfan