Sluggish Starts

Having some issues with my Infiniti J30t. I know this isn't an Infiniti Forum but I know for sure they use this same engine in the 300z so hoping to get some advice. About 25-30 percent of the time when the vehicle is warm and I start from a dead stop, the car lacks power big time! Almost feels like the car is in 3rd gear from a start or even over drive. I have manually downshifted though before to first and still is sluggish. I have changed the plugs, fuel filter and air filter and still does it. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Brian Houghtby

=== I would try a good injector cleaner and maybe get the throttle body cleaned.

Reply to
Blank

... feels like the car is in 3rd gear from a start or even over drive. ... When some sensors fail, ECU -or- TCU drops to 'safe-mode'. For tranny this means

3rd gear on, for engine 2k rpm ceiling. Check top left 'Favorite Links', from link below, and get it all...

My guess is intermittently faulty MAF, cam sensor, tranny rev sensor or their degraded signal path connectors, wires, groundings... Start from checking voltage levels from batt, ECU - when problem is acute. This kind intermittent heat dependent problem might also lurk here:

Wiikinki