Ticking noise

I have a Maxima 2001, there is a slight ticking/tapping noise when the engine is running. No service lights are on. Wondering if it could be a tear in the timing belt that is hitting on the outer protective casing or valve. Thanks, Keith

Reply to
<khankins

Wondering if it could be a

casing or

Not likely, as you have a timing CHAIN. It is possible you are hearing the injectors.

Matthew

01 Max SE
Reply to
maxima1

I have noticed a reduction in gas mileage.

Reply to
<khankins

Is the noise constant, or, does it disappear as the engine warms up?

Reply to
Joe S.

It seems to come and go.

Reply to