whats wrong with my car??

i just bought a 2000 nissan maxima se. Everything was fine but then the "service engine soon". I read on some websites that if you unplug the battery for 5 mins it will reset the computer and the sign will go away. I did that and it work but ever since than something has been wrong wiht my car. From time to time the RPM gage goes all the way down to 0 and my car locks up. I cant steer, brake, step on gas or anything. The car is still on but i cant move. I have to restart the car to be able to move. This happened to me on the highway one time and luckily im still alive. Some people said its my ABS, some said its the Idle, and one said i need a fuel injector. Does anyone know wats wrong with my car. Please help me!

Reply to
sunny85

Clearing the code before you read it was a mistake. Now you don't know what the error was and you reset all the learned adjustments as well. Wait until the light comes on again (and it will), then have it serviced.

Reply to
JimV