Wiring Question

I bought a Daytime Running Light Kit for my 2001 Maxima and have a question on the wiring.

It has 4 wires to be connected:

1) red - to the positive battery terminal 2) blue - to fuse at fuse panel controlled by ignition 3) green - to low beam wire 4) black - to ground

My question is why is there a connection directly to the battery? Why wouldn't the fuse panel connection be sufficient to provide the power?

Has anyone installed this type of kit? Any suggestions, recommendations, etc?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
News Reader

The instructions list three different types of headlight systems:

  1. positive switching
  2. negative switching
  3. double negative switching

Is the 2001 Maxima a positive switching system?

Reply to
News Reader