question

ok this might be a stupid question . but im going to ask anyway.. i have a

2001 mustang , and i want to change the battery cable and upgrade the battery terminal..i see that on the positive side. there are 2 cable connected to the terminal.. 1 from the fuse block and one is from somewhere under the engine . i have no idea.. any way just wondering can i move the cable from under the engine directly to the fuse block.. because im using a new battery terminal call "centerpin" .. and it only fit one cable.. just wondering if anybody out there understand what im talking about. and does that setup work..
Reply to
jimmy nguyen

That's a REALLY BIG cable, right?

No offense, but if you're not capable of crawling under that car to see where that cable goes, you got no business dickin' around with the electrical setup.

I assume that if I tell you that cable carries WAY more amps than your sound system, you'll understand the need for proper connections.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just to 'make nice', I did a search on that terminal and came up with this:

Heh.. not available.. wonder what THAT means?

Hint: USUALLY means the mfr has had more complaints than the product is worth!

IN OTHER WORDS... just spend your money on a cold air intake or "tornado" or more neon.

Assume you already have some...

Gotta go now, and take my Midol... ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
jimmy nguyen

You're welcome, and a good sport, besides! ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

OMG! BYM "makes nice". Anyway, no you can get terminals like that at

and at
and pretty good prices. I have a similar one on my Mustang because I used some really good wire and reran to my Alt and to the electric fan and then to my stereo amps.

Reply to
WindsorFox