Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: NissTech Requested - 92 Maxima Auto Trans
...Automatic ...167,000 miles.. A/T oil mfg give warranty for 20-30kmiles. 167k? huh. Is the stuff still liquid.. I hope there would be hope; Follow here some links what u may do w/o droppin it :

93SE Rear Brake Pads
I need to change the rear pads on my 93SE. I've read that semi-metallics and ceramics chew up the rotors so am I better off sticking w/ the organics. There's also a lot of junk being sold out there so...

99 Maxima Brake Light is stuck on
Just recently my parking brake light will not shut off on my maxima. Occasionally while I am driving it will shut off but one I turn the car off and turn it back on the light comes back on. Does...
1
1

97 max
i posted earlier about my max not starting. it does have 148233 mi on it. could it be the timing??? please, any help that i could get on this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :)
6
6

my max wont start!!!
for about two days it would be slow in turning over but when it did turn over it would run fine. a couple days ago, i tried to start it and it did the same thing except when it started it made a...
8
8

87 maxima
last week I was on my way home from work, the car was running great. I was at a stop sign, When I hit the gas the car sputtered and would not go over 35mph. I made it about three miles after that and...
3
3

2003 Switches and such
Are 2003 Maximas prone to bad switches? I have had mine for about a week (bought it used with 122K kms) and have discovered the following: 1. Passenger window switch (on driver's) will lower passenger...
5
5

92 rough at low speed
Okay, I've posted before about my engine issues, but here goes again....hopefully this time someone can help. 92gxe Auto. Very odd, runs a little rough at idle, and hesitates when accelerating. In the...
4
4

rear brakes
I have been trying to replace rear brake pads on this 1989 nissan maxima; unlike the front callipers I am having trouble getting the rear piston to retract. I believe it is a ABS system . . . any...
4
4

Installation Procedures for 20th Aniv. Foglight-2001 maxima
Anyone got an idea on how to replace a fog-light bulb on a 2001 20th Aniversary Edition Maxima???
1
1

Grinding noise at startup -- Solution
Several months ago I posted a question about the grinding noise that was happening a for a few seconds after starting my engine. Nirav replied that it was probably the starter and that this is a...
3
3

93 GXE...replacing timing belt....which parts, for which engine?
I need to replace my timing belt, water pump, tensioner etc, and I want to look around for the best price on parts. I've never been 100% sure on which engine I have. From what I read online, becuase...
17
17

Hot dang, 96 gxe hits 200k!
just thought i'd share the info, pics: a better pic: gxe, northern new jersey shore
3
3

Hot Inside
all of a sudden I have noticed the area by my left foot getting quite hot wile I am driving it was also throwing an 02 sensor code, so I replaced that and it seems to be fine now, any thought about...

Newly acquired 2003
Hi All, Just picked up a 2003 GLE with 122500 KM on it and just got back from my first "driving in the snow" experience. The TCS on that thing is amazing!! I blew past these guys on a slight uphill,...
3
3