Grinding noise at startup -- Solution

Several months ago I posted a question about the grinding noise that was happening a for a few seconds after starting my engine. Nirav replied that it was probably the starter and that this is a common problem for the Max. By gum, he was right -- thanks!

The procedure of removing the starter was a bit involved so I elected to replace it rather than attempt any greasing and run the risk that the problem would still exist when I put everything back together.

Reply to
feynmanfan88

Glad you got it fixed... Did you use a Nissan reman starter or an aftermarket replacement unit?

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 127k
Reply to
njmodi

I went with the Nissan reman and paid around $260. I figured that the Nissan one would likely be more reliable, if not more expensive.

Reply to
feynmanfan88

Good choice. I used a Nissan Reman when I replaced the starter on my

  1. The starter developed a lop-sided cranking pattern at around
90k....

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi