106

hi i am experiencing a problem with my pug. the drivers seat has come of its rails and i dont know whether i will need a new seat or if i can buy the damaged part. help. desparate woman

Reply to
pussssy-cat

In message , pussssy-cat joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Had a similar experience with the drivers seat in my 306. On investigation it turned out to be a weld that had broken on the seat mount frame. Pug dealer wanted something like £280 plus vat for new seat mount. My local garage managed to get a second hand seat mount complete from wreckers. Cost was under £100. Never had problems with it since.

I would take your pug to a good local garage and let them have a look at it. It may well simply need re-mounted. Or if it needs replaced then get them to get the part from a wreckers. Just as good and a lot more cost effective than buying new from Pug dealers.

Incidentally its an instant M.O.T fail.

Good luck joss

Reply to
jossmer

thanks for that. i also have another problem. the water keeps vanishing, i have to fill it back up every 2-3days when the temp light shows but there is no water showing anywhere where i park. any ideas

Reply to
pussssy-cat

In message , pussssy-cat joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Can I just ask, how did your seat come off the runners? Your water keeps vanishing ! Damn those water thief's :) You can't have anything these days. So your saying the cooling system expansion tank is empty when temp light comes on every 2/3 days, and there is no sign of water where you park. Check your engine oil, is there any whitish creamy stuff on the filler cap or dipstick? This would possibly indicate water is getting into the engine. Again take the car into a garage and tell them the symptoms.

Reply to
jossmer

Reply to
Goody

In message , Goody joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

What are you testing for ??

Reply to
jossmer

Sounds like the bolts that hold the runners in have gone missing. you can buy just the runners, or go to a breaker yard and get a set of second hand ones, just as good. from Chris Addlestone.

Reply to
Chris