106 timing belts

Is it worth shelling out the extra for a genuine pug timing belt kit or will I just be wasting my money? - I wouldn't normally but it is one of the most critical parts in the engine.

TIA

Rob.

Reply to
563wed4rhlhlwyp

Well i would.it might cost a little bit more but its worth it as you know it is peugeot parts fitted.

Reply to
Chris

And remember also that the manufacturer gives an advisory mileage at which the belt should be replaced. That mileage is based on having the right specification of belt. A cheaper belt may be a different spec and have a much shorter life expectancy which neither you, nor a future owner, would be aware of.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks