1995(N) 306 Dturbo Idle Speed

Hello

A while back I posted a message asking if my idle speed was too high on my car, the general consensus was yes it was too high (slightly over 1K rpm according to the rev counter)

The main point from this discussion was to check the thermostat to see if it was adjusting the idle speed correctly, but it seems as if the thermostat linkage is stuck!

I guess that this is a problem? would this be worth getting this looked at?

Would this affect my MPG ? (at best, whilst driving in socks I get 44 mpg)

90% motorway miles, and the car has done 110K

As you may have guessed I'm a complete novice.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Ad

Reply to
Simmey