205 GTi

Looking for a 205 GTi as a bit of fun. I'm a bit shocked at the prices some are advertised for (#1000 up etc). I can understand for a mint example, but how many really are? Seems to me that I should be able to pick up a decent, car with no major issues for #500-ish. Am I dreaming? If so, how far off the ballpark am I?

I know from previous experience with a Mk2 Golf GTi that the advert price and sell price are often worlds apart. :)

(Please read # as Pounds Sterling, this keyboard has no pound sign.)

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Anthony,

Have you thought of looking on eBay? I'm a former 205 GTI owner (for 11 years, from 1990) and, despite now being on my second 306 GTI-6, still hanker after the rawness and fun of a 205, so I'm thinking of dabbling and getting hold of one as a weekend car. Haven't got as far as bidding for anything yet. Or you could try Just GTIs, (Google it to get to them) in West Sussex - you'll pay top price but from what I've heard you'll get what you pay for. Worth checking out, anyway. And, obviously, 205 GTIs are pricey because they're in demand. Which, being positive, probably says somenthing good about them.

All the best,

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Anthony,

Have you thought of looking on eBay? I'm a former 205 GTI owner (for 11

years, from 1990) and, despite now having a 306 GTI-6, still hanker after the rawness and fun of a 205, so I'm thinking of dabbling and getting hold of one as a weekend car. Haven't got as far as bidding

for anything yet. Or you could try Just GTIs, (Google it to get to them) in West Sussex - you'll pay top price but from what I've heard you'll get what you pay for. Worth checking out, anyway. And, obviously, 205 GTIs are pricey because they're in demand. Which, being positive, probably says something good about them.

All the best, Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Antony,

Have you thought of looking on eBay? I'm a former 205 GTI owner (for 11 years, from 1990) and, despite now having a 306 GTI-6, still hanker after the rawness and fun of a 205, so I'm thinking of dabbling and getting hold of one as a weekend car. Haven't got as far as bidding for anything yet. Or you could try Just GTIs, (Google it to get to them) in West Sussex - you'll pay top price but from what I've heard you'll get what you pay for. Worth checking out, anyway. And, obviously, 205 GTIs are pricey because they're in demand. Which, being positive, probably says something good about them.

All the best,

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Thanks for the response. Ebay is the last place I'd look for a bargain of any sort, these days. Just too many people willing to pay over the odds (yes, I know). I know about Just GTIs, and I don't doubt that their stock is good, but that doesn't justify their prices. They give me a Foxtons vibe.

I was just wondering if I have any chance of picking up one of these cars for 500 quid, that's not a heap. :)

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Antony,

Foxtons?

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Classy London estate agents with prices to match ...

snipped-for-privacy@bt> Antony,

Reply to
Wichita