205 STDT Hub Bolt Size

Will anybody be able to tell me what size the front wheel hub bolt is? Thank you

Reply to
Keith Richardson

I've just been out and measured mine (with a ruler :-) As near as I can tell it's 30mm. No idea about thread pitch.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Probably either 30mm or 32mm. I've had both!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Thank you. If I only possesed a ruler. That is my excuse for not thinking of doing that. The reason that I need the size is so I can get the nut off and take the hub carriers off to check the bearings due to very loud vibrations when turning left. Also I am getting a clicking which I know is the cv joints as both boots have come off. The next item to come off will be the dive shafts.

Reply to
Keith Richardson

needs 2 drive shafts then they dont last very long with no grease i'm afraid

Reply to
Mindwipe

Could be 2 boots on the one driveshaft though!

Seems to be a very common problem on 205s though (driveshafts that is). Not a difficult job to change them luckily though

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Thanks for all the replys. I will change the drive shafts. Does any one know of the rough price for a pair of drive shafts?

Reply to
Keith Richardson

Around £50 each from somewhere like Euro Car Parts

Reply to
Carl Gibbs