205 TDi

I've finally decided to get my arse in gear and get my 205Dturbo intercool'd. I've now got the main bits sorted (intercooler, manifold and auto bonnet), just gotta get hold of some of the smaller bits.

I'm after some info though, specifically the amount of boost the standard

1.7DT engine runs in the 205. And also what it runs in a intercooled version (405, BX etc). My first task is gonna be to hook up a boost gauge to see how healthy my current setup is (so i would like to compare the figures to something), and then use it to try and get the boost/fueling right when the intercooler is on, since i'm hoping to plumb in a device to let you easily adjust the wastegate, to get a bit more power out of the old girl!

Cheers guys

Carl

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My mate with a 405 Mk1 1.8 TD whom i just asked on MSN says as standard the

1.8TD 405 Mk1 runs 14 psi of boost.

Dunno if that helps - but my savage is going out in the morning :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep that does help. Cheers dude. The Rush will be out this arvo :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs