Peugeot 206

Has anyone else experienced problems with their new peugeot 206 cutting out whilst driving? I have had 2 Peugeots and both have had this problem i am really annoyed and would like some advice on the action other drivers are taking with regards to this problem.

Reply to
annoyedwithpeugeot206

Ah well tonight I get to join the long list of 206 owners whose engines cut out for no reason :/

But another query for now, Ive been noticing recently that whilst the engine is idling, if I turn the steering wheel fractionally to either side that the rev's slightly increase and then return to the normal idle speed - any idea why this may be happening?

Reply to
rootofsilence

"annoyedwithpeugeot206" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

G'day,

I had this happen recently with my 1999 1.6l 206, very briefly a couple of times the engine just cut out for 1 second (in outback Australia, out of phone range, unpleasant feeling); it turned out to be a lose lead from the fly-wheel to ignition something or other (I'm no auto technician so please excuse the vagueness) and was easily fixed by re-attaching the lead properly; hasn't happened again.

Cheers,

Reply to
Julian Mattay

Sorry. I replied to the original question by mistake. My response with web site address was meant for you.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks