206 - Clutch Noise

Hi

2000 206 xs thats done 60000 and runs strong but noticed on idle that there was a slight squeal type noise which i first thought was a fan belt or alternator bearing or something. However i have found that if i dip the clutch the noise goes away so now i'm thinking perhaps its the clutch release bearing thats gone a bit noisey.

Anyone come accross this before as this is my first peugeot so still finding my feet with them and their 'quirks'

thanks

Reply to
Tom