Re: HELP! My 206 has noise from ENGINE..maybe clutch?

Hmm, difficult to say really! Clutch release bearing comes to mind but you say the noise is there when you depress the clutch which may discount that. If you get noises when you depress the clutch then it could be a pump bearing. I have a water pump bearing which is going and it makes a psycho noise. Im gonna replace it before it goes. If you are finding it hard to change gear then it could be time to change the clutch, in which case you will change the release bearing.

By chance, I had my clutch changed a while ago now and my gearbox makes a strange grindy noise when you leave the car in neutral. Apparently its common, but when were noises like that common?

hope this helps, this is only my opinion!

scott

Reply to
scott

Have you tried switching off the aircon, the compressors in peugeots are known to fail and whine, although its not likely to be this as it seems related to your clutch, try it anyway to eliminate it from the equation

Reply to
David McKray

I have a constant whine from my 206, which is worse with the a/c off. I've been told by a local garage that it's the compressor that's going.

--

-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-

"for the DVDR perfectionists"Melancholy : (defn) Very sad mixed vegetables

Reply to
-