[206] GTi Air Conditioning

Hi,

I have a problem with the air conditioning in my 206GTi. Put simply, it has stopped working. It has been like it for a few months now, but the recent hot spell has spurred me into having a look at it.

I believe it might be an electrical problem. When I press the A/C button, I hear no relay click (I'm not sure I ever did though), no rev change, and no additional sounds from under the bonnet. I have checked all the fuses in both fuses boxes, one under the steering wheel, and the other passenger side, under the bonnet. All look fine.

My questions are: Does anybody know if there is a relay to control the air-con, and where it might be? Do you hear a relay click on yours when you turn the air-con on (Like when you turn on the heated rear screen)?

Are there any other fuses I should look at?

Any other ideas of what might be wrong?

Any help much appreciated

Best regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Get it recharged.

Reply to
Nigel

The car is only 2 years old, should the air-con need a recharge this soon?

Reply to
Nick

First thing to do is a leak test, if there is no click it is likely that the low pressure switch has shut the system off.

at an independant it costs £10 for a leak check and £45 for a refil. No point refilling a leaking system and then lak checking after when its empty again!

Reply to
David McKray

When the pressure drops the compressor does not kick in. even with a 2 year old car you can get a leak. The condensor is at the front of the car usually (as is a 406) and can be hit by stones causing a leek. This happen to mine and the garage quoted £330 for a new condesor. I bought a new one off the net at £123 and fitted it myself in around 45mins, £50 for regassing, all ok now.

Richard

Reply to
Cabin

Reply to
Duncan Masterman

I imported it, so I only got the 1 year guarantee....I'll just have to dip into the pot of money I saved when I bought it.

Reply to
Nick

My local dealer will do it in house they charge

£19 for a Check £29 for a Check and regas £69 for a Check Regas and Disinfect

Thats a Dutton Forshaw Dealer

The Shunt...

Reply to
The Shuntfield