3 door 306d Front Drivers window motor,

Hi My Electric window mechanism on the Drivers door (UK) has broken, I have bought two off ebay and they are both the wrong ones, I'm close to giving up, is there anyone in the uk got one? know where I can buy one? a new one is more than I can afford. I want to sell the car now, I have a company car, I love it but the little darling has to go its silly to have it stood on the drive but I would like the window to work before I do sell it.

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Reply to
SoundBytes

Oooops, forgot to say, its a 1997 306d Turbo 3 door

Reply to
SoundBytes

First, are you sure that the motor has broken? The more common fault on these is the wiring harness between the car and the door.

Reply to
Brian

Hi I should have explained a little more, the whole mechanism is broken, and its all moulded so I can't repair it or open it up.

the cable that runs along the pulley's is all twisted and its jammed the motor

thanks anyway

Reply to
SoundBytes

Have you tried any breakers yards?

Reply to
Brian

I have tried breakers yards, online breakers, findapart.com tried it all, I must have a type that is not the unusual....I took the two I had to work and with a little bit of welding and some engineering, I have manged to repair the old one, after breaking open the motor and reomving the wires that attach to the pully wheels, I just hope that the center pinon holds, if it works once or twice it should last for ever.......fingers crossed

thanks for the help Brian

Gordon

Reply to
SoundBytes