306 1.9 DTurbo Cold Start Device

Hi,

My cold start device on my bosch pump is stuck on, and has been for some time now! (therefore the car starts ok from cold!)

What do I do folks? - leave it stuck on? Will it affect my mpg or performance if its released ?

Cheers

Reply to
Simmey

MIKE ROCHE

"MIKE ROCHE"

Yer, sorry, that's right.

It's a cable mechanism that runs from the bottom of the fuel filter to the pump and alters the hot/cold running speeds

It's currently stuck on the cold (fast idle) setting and has been since I purchased the car.

Should I get this sorted? will getting it sorted help my mpg? will this affect the performance?

Cheers

Reply to
Simmey

Yer, sorry, that's right.

It's a cable mechanism that runs from the bottom of the fuel filter to the pump and alters the hot/cold running speeds

It's currently stuck on the cold (fast idle) setting and has been since I purchased the car.

Should I get this sorted? will getting it sorted help my mpg? will this affect the performance if its released?

Cheers

Reply to
Simmey