306 central locking and window

Please help!

A couple of months ago my drivers door started to rattle, so i took it apart and found it to be the window winding mechanism - but there didnt seem to be anything i could do for it (it looked sealed).

Not long after the central locking started to make a noise, so when you lock it the drivers door sounds like its trying to lock for too long - it makes a load moaning noise a couple of seconds after is has locked. Unlocking works fine. I'm not sure if I disturbed it or what.

Then not long after that I found the winder would bring down my window, as though the cable isn't attached. I've checked, and it still is still in the socket where it was before. The window mech has always been quite stiff. Any idea whats needed to change that window mech, and which end the cables unclip from?

Also, any ideas what might be wrong with the central locking?

Cheers for the help

Steve

Reply to
steveybaby2