'99 Astra Central Locking Problem

I have a 1999 Astra 1.8 where the rear drivers-side door does not lock with central locking. I am keen to have a look with my multimeter to see if it's a loose wire or burnt out solenoid but cannot get the interior door panel off. I think it's probably because I can't get the window winder off but can seem to find a way.

Please help!

Reply to
Elton Judd

U shaped clip at the back of it that goes around the spindle.

Reply to
Conor

Can't seem to find the u-shaped clip. Is it close to the end the window winder is attached. What's the easiest way to get it off?

Reply to
Elton Judd

The message from snipped-for-privacy@originenergy.com.au (Elton Judd) contains these words:

It's behind the centre of movement of the handle on the shaft that goes into the door. Push the door card in a bit and you'll see it. Slip it off with a screwdriver.

Reply to
Guy King

- and watch it ping off into the undergrowth, never to be found again!

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

The winder locates onto a splined shaft and is retain by the clip mentioned locating in an annular groove on the shaft. Two ways commonly used to release it.

  1. A length of wire with a small hook on the end. Insert between handle and trim and hook and tug. Protect the trim panel to avoid marking.
  2. Handle at 6-o-clock. Insert a cloth at 12-o-clock and j..j..j..jiggle it about a bit to spring the clip.

Refitting. Fit the clip to the handle and push the handle onto the splined shaft. The clip will engage the retaining groove.

Vin

Reply to
Vin