306 DTurbo fuel back siphoning?

Somehow overnight the fuel in our DTurbo has started back siphoning into the diesel tank when the car is left for any substantial period of time (only seen overnight).

We can pump the fuel back into the line using the hand pump in the engine bay but this is a bit tedious everytime we want to use the car!

Any ideas? I thought air leak somewhere or a faulty non-return valve but I don?t know how the fuel system is set up on a 306 DTurbo!

Thanks in advance

Reply to
dTurbo

sounds like air leaking in to the fuel lines, one of the most common areas for this leak is the filter bowl, I had a similar thing on my 405 some time ago, turned out to be the seal below the filter bowl,

Fitzy

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Fitzy

In article , dTurbo writes

Admittedly a completely different car, but I had a similar problem on a

405 diesel a few years ago. It took ages to find, and turned out to be a pinhole in the plastic fuel line. It rubbed slightly against the body at the point where it left the body to head towards the engine, leaving a small enough hole to admit air, but not big enough to cause a puddle of fuel. It could be worth having a feel around similar areas.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

needs a new manual primer pump, (the pump you are using to feed the fuel back in). This incooperates a one way valve which prevents fuel returning to the tank. obviously this valve is leaking. regards. Steve.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

anon

> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:>

can be tested by removing said pump

Reply to
mindwipe