306 FM Aerial

Afternoon,

Does the FM aerial on a 306 (99 estate model) actually retract, unscrew etc or is it only removeable using methods perhaps a little extreme for the purposes of going through a car wash?

I can't quite believe i'm having to ask this question but i'm baffled.

Help appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom Hawley

It should just unscrew.

Reply to
Dan

Use extreme force. Once you remove the aerial, apply some copper grease to prevent it seizing again.

Or you could do what the dealer had to do to my C5 and he removed the headlining to remove the aerial base from the inside.

Reply to
Mr Benny

Or just push it flat to the roof, never had a problem doing that on my 405, which had seized threads.

I was hoping someone was going to suggest that, as this thing just won't move. I could twist harder, but it feels like it wants to break. Flat to the roof it is. Thanks to the others too though.

Reply to
Tom Hawley