breather pipe wont budge

The breather pipe that connects the oil filler cap to the throttle housing appears to have affixed itself to the metal at the throttle housing. I don't want to cut it off, just remove it for cleaning.

Has anyone any tips for removing a good pipe that is solidly fixed (no softening or damage) by heat to the metal.

Thanks

Reply to
species8350

The breather pipe that connects the oil filler cap to the throttle housing appears to have affixed itself to the metal at the throttle housing. I don't want to cut it off, just remove it for cleaning.

Has anyone any tips for removing a good pipe that is solidly fixed (no softening or damage) by heat to the metal.

Thanks

Reply to
species8350

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer.

Reply to
A million things to fix

This has given me an idea.

How about this. After I next use the car, open the bonnet and attempt to loosen the pipe while things are warm, then reset the pipe and hopefully the next time I try to remove it, when the engine is cold, I,ll have more luck.

Thanks

Sp.

PS. Don't have a hair dryer

Reply to