306 judder

Hey there.

Got my N reg (95) 306 and in the mornings it is getting colder as we approach the British winter. I start the car and drive off up the hill and if I pop it into 2nd then it judders slightly. I am guessing this is because the engine is cold but I dont know why it happens.

If there anything i can put in it that might help it out a bit - maybe a fuel tank cleaning solution/performance booster thing?

Or even an oil cleaner? I use Magnatec at the moment (i doubt it does what it says on the box but it was fairly cheap in the halfords sale).

thanks for all ideas!

Oh and I guess I could turn it on and sit in it for 10 mins while it warms up but I aint doing that. I could invest in a remote starting kit but I am not sure i can be bothered with all that..

Dave

Reply to
David Beamish

sounds like a flat spot

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" wrote in news:%GTjb.213$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net:

ok I'll have a look at what that is. Weird that it doesnt do it when its warmed up though.

Reply to
David Beamish

"Bill" wrote in news:%GTjb.213$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net:

thanks for you comment by the way Dave

Reply to
David Beamish

could be a fuelling problem as well, my 206 does this but less so on optimax fuel

miner.-

Reply to
miner.-

I remember when I had a Nissan it had the same problem when it was cold, the carb use to have a electric element to prevent this the element had burnt out. I don't think the Peugeots have these, it was just a suggestion.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

David have a look on the andyspares forum - you don't have to register unless you are posting.

bill

Reply to
Bill