306 (P) rear brakes

I have just replaced shoes & cylinders on a 306. Even after identifying the brakes as Lucas (Girling) I was still supplied with the wrong items by the factors. After taking in the offending parts they went though all the possibilities in their stock.

It was found that the ones that matched were for the an ABS fitted 306, which it don't have.

This caused a great deal of hassle as well as delay. Is it normal for Pug to fit any old part on the line, making the factors reference books useless?

TIA

Eddie Hunt

Reply to
Eddie Hunt

Not sure if this will help - but I was fitting shoes on my Peugeot 306 (L reg) and I was told there are four different types. So Bought all four (£80) and returned the ones I didn't needed what a messabout.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've just had exactly the same happen with my 205 (pads only though, but still a nuisance), apparently they can tell you which type you have just from the registration...apparently not. To make it even more confusing, mine has bendix on the front and girling on the back... I wish I knew what their grand plan was!

- Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

YES