206 indicator fault

My indicator has started indicating left by itself. A slight touch knocks it off again so I suspect a faulty switch. Is there anything I can do to fix it or does it need replacing? Is it an easy DIY job to get it out and fit a new one?

Cheers, Bob

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

What year is it? Is it a MUX car? If yes, then the whole column switch arrangement needs renewing--it's called a Comm 2000. I would not call it an easy DIY job. Due to new rules at Peugeot, if your car is under

4 years and under 60,000 miles then the Comm 2000 will be changed under warranty.
Reply to
nigel

It's a 1.9LX Diesel 5 years old

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

I have exactly the same problem. Giving the column a tap tends to solve it for a while. This is also an 1.9D LX. Sept 2000 car, damn this started after the warranty ran out!

Gerd.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

So you're both out of warranty. If it's a MUX car then the unit costs around £150 and takes 30 minutes to fit. If it is a non-MUX car then the indicator stalk is around £30 and slightly less to fit. For information, you can tell if it's a MUX car or not by the remote radio stalk. If it is round then it's a non-MUX. The MUX car has a large flat stalk.

Reply to
nigel