306 paint code doesn't match

The paint code listed on a sticker in the engine bay of my 306 (behind the suspension strut, but not on it) says EGQ, but the paint I had mixed to this code seems to be too dark and not metallic enough (the car is a dark metallic blue that has slightly purple tone to it). All the motor factors I have been to assure me this is the code, and then look it up, and say it's actually just GQ, and is "pharoan blue". This is what they;ve mixed. It is a 1998 meridian four door, could the code be wrong, or interpreted in a different way? Nothing appears to be written on any of the other usual places (door frames other bulk heads etc).

After lacquer and polish it looks even darker.

any help would be greatly appreciated, even to confirm this is the correct mix, and I should maybe try somewhere else better at mixing!

cheers, Ian

Reply to
ian

M. H. Greaves

Had the same problem with Diablo Red for a 307 - just about ok for the two spots but not great. Genuine Peugeot Paint from a dealer ...

Reply to
Des O'Donoghue

Reply to
kevin davis

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

there are different shades within a paint code go to an independant paint mixer they have colour cards. When i sprayed my wives golf there were 4 shades within the same code.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Reply to