Correct Colout Touch Up Paint?

Hi all

I have a Rover 45 02 plate which is Wedgewood Blue in colour. I recently bought some touch up paint for it that was mixed for me BUT it doesn't half look much darker and bluer than my car. Is this the case with metallic paint, as I have stirred it for ages yet it still looks nothing like the right colour?

Reply to
skint

Try using it somewhere else first, maybe it dries a lighter colour.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Where did you buy the paint?

Reply to
Another Dave

Not always an indicator of quality - I had a Shitroen and bought some white touch-up paint from the dealer - the paint was genuine Shitroen stuff and allegedly of the correct shade, and ended up about as off- colour as the botch job Williams BMW Liverpool did on my Hyundai Accent

- they used any old shit they had in stock.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

A motorists accessory shop, it's Holts paint mix.

Reply to
skint

It's rubbish. Everybody is now going to have a go at me, but I found the best matching service at Halfords at £10 a can. Could have been an exception but it was professionally done and extremely accurate.

They had a huge book of paint samples/recipes organised by manufacturer so it would help if you knew the colour name/code.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave