306 Remote locking stopped working

Hi all

I have a 2000 306 Meridian HDi (90) and early this morning, the drivers door stopped responding to remote locking/opening.

Other doors open ok, drivers fails.

When locking, other doors attempt to lock, but drivers door fails and the others subsequently unlock.

All work ok when using the key.

I believe this to be a known fault that occurs, as I am sure I have seen it mentioned on this newsgroup before.

Am I right in thinking it may be the drivers door locking solenoid that is either sticking or buggered?

Do any of you enlightened beings know of any tests or actions I can take towards resolving this? (I just don't fancy removing door trim until I have a course of action to follow)

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

Reply to
Don

Window and mirror electrics work ok..will have to wait til daylight to check condition of the umbilical

Don

Could be the solenoid burnt out, it can also be the wiring at the door hinge. Just open the door fully. Open the umbilicle connector and check the condition of the wires inside: that's where they break. It can also affect any other system in the door usually it's the windows.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Yeah, same thing happened to me with my 306. Thankfully my fault is that all when locking the driver's door with a key only the driver's door locks. Unlocking the driver's door with a key opens all the doors. Using the remote fob locks and unlocks all doors correctly.

I'm assuming that the wire which broke is the signal to the central locking system that the driver's door has been locked. The unlock signal, and the locking request signal both work fine. Consequently, it means when using the key, we have to lock the passenger's door, as that will lock all the doors.

I've yet to try looking at the wiring at the hinge. I've checked the wiring in the door + locking mechanism - so the fault lies in the hinge wiring, or within the wiring in the chassis, or the central locking unit. Personally, I'm going with the hinge wiring.

David Hearn

Sorry but you will have to remove the trim,i had one go on my 405 and when i removed the trim all i had to do is spray wd40 over all of it and it has not played up since.

Reply to
Chris

Trim to what? I've removed the internal door panel, exposing the wiring and the locks and checked all the exposed wiring which is fine. Spraying WD40 therefore in that area won't make a difference, there's a break or similar problem between the hinge and the central locking unit. If you're referring to trim other that that on the door, could you be a little more specific?

thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

Try and remove the central locking unit, if you can get to it .or cut the wires just into the door and rewire them into the main loom by the door hinge, good luck from chris Addlestone

Reply to
Chris